Sunday, March 6, 2011

Iditarod

The boys and I went to the ceremonial start of the Iditarod in Anchorage with a few of our friends. They found a great spot right next to the trail and there was even a free food hut....the perfect combination! It was a beautiful day and although Jaxson was not a happy camper at first, we had a great time.


One of the Mushers and his dog's.




Playing in the snow and waiting for High-5's from the mushers


Jaxson's preferred way to enjoy the iditarod...a lap full of cookies in a warm car


Me, Chablis, Robyn & Merm


Later when Josh got home we took the boys downtown to check out the Winter Carnival and Fur Rondy fun. It wouldn't be the Fur Rondy without awesome furry hats!!

5 comments:

Annilee said...

Looks like you guyshave found lots of fun things to do despite the cold weather! Glad that you have found friends and fun so far from home...
And jaxson is right...what beats cookies?

Beccarigg said...

I love that you are embracing the Alaskan life! Every time I show Taber pics from your blog it makes him so homesick and jealous that you live there. Very cool that you guys got to check out the iditarod. Also love the boys in their furry hats. Too stinking cute!

Cathie said...

One of my favorite AK traditions! I was bummed to miss it this year! It looks like fun!

jill 'E' jam said...

I just found your blog, Brook and realized that I have never seen your kids and didn't even know how many you had. I need to come to these play dates your organizing! ;D Such a cute family!

Unknown said...

cute boys. miss u